>> Monday, January 28, 2013
Pots/Pans Used: 2
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed for 40 min.
1 lb mushrooms, sliced (mix it up! I used half baby bella, and half shiitake)
2 handfulls fresh spinach
3 cloves garlic, diced
2 shallots, sliced
1 pkg firm tofu
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
4 Tblsp. lemon juice
2 Tblsp. Unsweetened Original Almond milk
1/2 tsp dry mustard
s&p to taste
3 Tblsp. olive oil
Daiya's Jalapeno & Garlic Havarti cheese (or cheese of your choice)
You guys have to try this! It's surprisingly simple and is so pretty and impressive when it comes out of the oven! Not to mention, it's freakin' delicious.
1. Preheat oven to 425...
2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, and mushrooms. Let them cook down and get fragrant. Next, add spinach and cook down.
3. Meanwhile, blend ingredients tofu thru s&p in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture over sauteed veggies.
4. Grate vegan cheese into mixture. I probably grated about 1/4 cup. Mix well.
5. Grease pie plate and arrange puff pastry into shell. pour tofu and veggie mixture into pie shell.
6. Garnish top with tomato slices, chunks of havarti, and basil leaves. Bake for 30 minutes and let cool.
7. Garnish with some more fresh basil, and serve with a simple arugula salad for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!