Leftover Pizza

>> Thursday, September 24, 2009

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: EASY
Pots/Pans Used: 2!

Ingredients

1 package of pizza dough
Tomato sauce (whatever kind you usually use)
1/2 pkg of Gimme Lean Sausage (optional)
Soy Mozzarella (I like Follow Your Heart)
your favorite veggie toppings
olive oil
flour

I have been making pizza for a while now, and I'm just finally getting it right. When I first made it, it stuck to the pan, then I could never get the dough completely cooked. Lucky for you, I finally figured it out so that you don't have to go through all the trail and error. Not only is this a lot of fun to make, but it's simple and way cheaper than ordering in. I decided to call this "Leftover Pizza" because I usually end up using odds and ends of vegetables I have leftover from meals I've made throughout the week. With this particular pizza I used yellow pepper, chopped tomato, fresh basil and onion. I also made a pineapple pizza for the first time! For the record, it's delicious on pizza and I recommend trying it if you haven't yet...

You're going to start by preheating your oven to 500 degrees. I've found that having the oven really hot is the best way to get your dough completely cooked (I know some people will pre-cook their dough but that didn't really work for me). When you roll out your dough, throw some flour on it, so that it doesn't stick to your board. Then, you're going to transfer your dough to a baking sheet that has been well coated with olive oil (VERY IMPORTANT! otherwise, you're pizza will be stuck to the pan. believe me, I speak from way too much experience). Meanwhile, you're going to start to saute your sausage in a small pan over med-high heat. Next, spread out a thin layer of tomato sauce on your pizza. Start out in the center and move your way out to the edges. Remember to leave about 2-3 inches so that you have room for your crust. Grate some mozzarella over the pizza and then top with all your veggies and sausage. Once everything is piled high, fold over the remaining crust. Then it's in the oven for about 15 minutes. Let it cool about 10 minutes before slicing up and serving. enjoy!

1 comments:

Easton September 25, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

I remember how good this was....

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP