Soy Ginger Gardien with Quick Fried Rice

>> Monday, January 4, 2010

Photobucket
Level Of Difficulty: easy
Pots/Pans Used: dos!

Ingredients

Soy Ginger Glaze
(You will need Gardein's chick'n scallpoini)
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 1/2 TBL soy sauce
1/2 TBL maple syrup
shake of hot sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 minced clove of garlic
sesame seeds (optional)

Fried Rice
1 TBL olive oil
soy sauce, to taste
1 bag mixed frozen vegetables
1 bag of boil-in-a-bag brown rice

I made this one night when I reeeeeeaaally didn't feel like cooking but still wanted a fulfilling meal. I loved the asian glaze which I came up with based on the ingredients I had in my kitchen. It's a really great go-to meal. I was actually very impressed with how good the fried rice was! Seriously, if you haven't been able to find a fried rice without egg, it's time you started making your own. And how could you not when its this easy?
Prepare the brown rice as directed on the box. In a medium-sized saute pan over medium- high heat, heat olive oil. Add the frozen vegetables and saute for 10-15 minutes, until heated throughout. Add a few shakes of soy sauce and mix up with the vegetables. Add the brown rice and mix with the vegetables. Again, add a little more soy sauce and saute the mixture for about five more minutes. Transport the fried rice to another dish to free-up the pan. Saute the gardein cutlets with a little olive oil until slightly browned. Lay these cutlets on a paper towel temporarily. Then, add the ingredients for the glaze to the pan. Turn up the heat so that the glaze boils and then reduce heat to a simmer. Once it has thickened, add the cutlets and coat well for a couple minutes. Plate the cutlets with the fried rice and sprinkle some sesame seeds over top!

4 comments:

Lindsey Mills January 5, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

YUM, as soon as I can track down the chik'n scallopini, I'm on this recipe.

Tess ElizaBath,  April 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

this was so so SO good I felt so proud of myself for making such a delicious meal with such minimal effort and it's all because of YOU!

Joy June 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

I made this dish last night and it was great! I will definitely make it again. Thanks for the great recipe!

Hannah,  August 17, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Damn. This is DELICIOUS. I don't have the supplies for the fried rice, I just made the gardein as a quick bite for lunch - fantastic. Really, really good. Thanks so much for this!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP