1, 2, 3 Guacamole!

>> Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Photobucket


Level Of Difficulty: You absolutely can't screw this up, it's so easy
Pots/Pans Used: NADA

Ingredients

1 avocado
lemon juice, to taste
salt, to taste

Next time you have a ripe avocado lying around and you don't know what to do with it, smash it up and make some guacamole!!! If you're going to a party and need to bring something and you're not the greatest cook in the world, this recipe is for you. You basically can't go wrong with guacamole. It's so simple I almost didn't post it, but then I thought, "There has to be someone who's never tried making guacamole". Don't be intimidated by the avocado! Don't go buy a tub of guac! Forget the tomato or fancy peppers and seasonings! All you need are these three ingredients to make your guacamole out of this world...

Start by cutting the avocado up into slices and then smashing it down until the texture meets your liking. Mix in salt and lemon juice to taste and serve with sliced veggies or chips. (One avocado will serve about two people)

P.S. Check out this awesome avocado slicer I picked up at Target. Also on a side note, avocados are really great in desserts. I've had chocolate mousse made from avocado and down the line I'll be posting my yummy avocado fudge recipe. I promise it tastes better than it sounds ;)

7 comments:

Lindsey Mills January 13, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

The simplest recipes are always the best. :) Nice pic!

Danny P.,  January 13, 2010 at 1:52 AM  

OH MY GOD THIS MADE ME HUNGRY

Anonymous,  January 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

MMMMMMMMMMMM.
just made a double batch.
never have i known such contentment.

Scott January 24, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Quick, yummy and a great excuse to use my mortar and pestle!

Jessica,  June 24, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

Still waiting on that avocado fudge recipe! :) Sounds awesome.

Gisele,  June 30, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

I'm with Jessica..... waiting for the avocado fudge recipe. I love avocados - I have 6 1/2 of them in the house right now!

s.m. July 1, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it :):):)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP