Cookie Sandwiches

>> Monday, February 15, 2010

Photobucket

Level of Difficulty: some assembly required
Pots/Pans Used: 2 bowls


Ingredients


1 cup Earth Balance
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegan white sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 TBL molasses
2 egg substitutes
2 tsp vanilla
1 can Pillsbury cream cheese frosting (Caution: Has been brought to my attention that this may contain milk now)
chocolate chips to your hearts desire

This is an awesome recipe to show off to someone who doesn't think vegan food can be delicious or taste better than cardboard. So I made these for my boo and I on Valentine's yesterday... hence the pink frosting. I was actually really pleased with these cookies. So, if you're just looking for a cookie recipe this works great too. I have been eying babycakes nyc's cookie sandwiches for quite a while. Because I don't have the means to try them, I decided to come up with my own easier and way less healthy recipe.

Photobucket

First, put the frosting in the refrigerator so it can firm up!!!! Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream earth balance with all sugars. Then add egg substitute, molasses and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking soda. Add the dry mixture in gradually with the wet mixture. Once well mixed, add the chocolate chips. On an ungreased baking sheet, make tablespoon sized drops of batter a couple inches apart. bake for 15 minutes. Once the cookies are cooled, you can start assembling the sandwiches. Pour a glass of soymilk and enjoy!

12 comments:

Blake Martin,  February 15, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

that will satisfy a sweets craving for at least 24 hours. really, really delicious.

Lindsey Mills February 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

I'm salivatingggg! That second pic? Definitely foodgawker material. ;)

Sabina February 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

Thank you, Sammi.
Now this is all I can think about.
These look BEAUTIFUL!!

Sabina February 18, 2010 at 1:03 AM  

Made 'em last night! They were a big hit with some omnivore friends :)

Jeri March 6, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

I was just trying to figure out how to make ice cream cookie sandwiches for our neighborhood kids. They love trying all our healthy snacks. They're so cute.

s.m. March 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

Actually, I just got an ice cream maker over the holidays... along with a dairy-free ice cream recipe book called, Lick It. I would definitely recommend it! In my "Links" section is my friend's blog, "Soul Food" and I know she recently posted a vegan butter pecan ice cream recipe. Just combine that with these cookies and would probably be amazing! Hope that helps :)

Anonymous,  April 30, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

im not sure why you said the pillsbury cream cheese frosting is vegan , b/c it isn't , it contains milk

s.m. April 30, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

I'll have to check it next time I'm at the store. Because if it does, they must have recently changed the recipe because it absolutely didn't contain milk before when I've used it. Thanks for the waring though. A similar thing happened with Kraft's Cucumber Ranch dressing. It never contained milk until recently.

jimmie April 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

no prob at all, i use the tofuitti cream cheese

s.m. April 30, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

I just checked my local grocery store and the frosting did not contain milk. Regardless, I will plan on putting up a simple homemade frosting. The canned one was mainly for convenience purposes.

Amber Reed June 9, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

I made these cookies yesterday and they are WONDERFUL! Would fool the most stubborn critic!

(I cooked them for only about 10 minutes so make them softer.)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP