Curried Chick'n Salad

>> Friday, February 12, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: SIMPLE
Pots/Pans Used: two!

Ingredients

1 pkg Morningstar chic'n strips (or aother chicken substitute you prefer)
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup red grapes, cut in halves
3 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 cup vegan mayo
1/2 tsp agave nectar
1/4 cup sliced almonds


Unfortunately, this meal is soooooo not being done justice by this photo. I couldn't wait to take a picture so I ate most of it and pretty much photographed the left overs. I first had a vegan version of curried chick'n salad at "The Cafe" in Key West, FL. It was so ridiculously good I decided I had to try and recreate it as soon as I got home. Surprisingly enough, I somehow managed to create what I think is almost an exact replica. Seriously, the flavors are right on and it is amazing on a sandwich with some lettuce, tomato and avocado. Please TRY!

First, satue your chick'n strips in a pan with a little oil on medium heat until heated throughout. Refrigerate them for about 30 minutes or until nice and chilled. Take the chick'n and chop it into bite size pieces. In a large bowl add the chick'n, mayo, spices, agave nectar and mix well. Then add the grapes, almonds and celery. When mixed together well, refrigerate until ready to eat. I like it best on a sandwich with some really hearty slices of bread. Yummmm

2 comments:

Allison aka Half of VAMH March 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

AH-mazing! Thank you for sharing it was delicious!

s.m. March 29, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

oh my goodness, so glad you liked it. DEFINITELY one of my all time favorite recipes!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP