Comfort Pasta

>> Friday, May 7, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: incredibly simple
Pots/Pans Used: 2!

Ingredients

1 Pkg of your favorite pasta (I love bow tie best)
garlic, minced
Earth Balance
nutritional yeast
olive oil

This is certainly not the most exciting dish out there. That being said, when I'm tired or stressed this dish is exactly what I need and crave. It's really paying homage to when you were little and would just ask for noodles with butter and parmesan cheese. I almost didn't post it because it's so simple, but I've found that simple recipes can often be the best kind. I hope this dish is as much a comfort to you as it is to me. I'm curious to know...what's your ultimate comfort food?

I never really measure anything when I make this dish, I pretty much just taste it as I go along. For example, I go pretty heavy on the garlic and nutritional yeast because that's what really makes the dish for me. But feel free to experiment with your ingredient ratios. First, cook your pasta accordingly (you don't have to use the whole package, I usually just make it for myself, so I rarely do unless I have company). In a large saute pan, heat a couple TBL of olive oil over medium heat. throw your minced garlic into the pan and let it get nice and fragrant. Drain your pasta and then transfer it to the saute pan. Put a couple TBL (more or less) of Earth Balance into the pasta and stir it up so that it gets a chance to melt and coat all the pasta. Finally, add the nutritional yeast and mix up until it tastes perfect. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, simple as it may be!

12 comments:

Anonymous,  May 7, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

i made this exact dish last night! so good!

Anonymous,  May 7, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Sammi,
I make this meal at least twice a week. I love it. Sometimes I add a little tomato paste too and/or oregano. My other favorite comfort food is a big fat BURRITO.

Love,
Jessica

Anonymous,  May 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

I am glad to see someone else out there is eating this too! Sometimes I use buckwheat soba and add some nuts. Thanks for sharing!

Jeri May 7, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

Back to yummy basic comfort. Dinner is on tonight. Thanks Sammi.

Allison aka Half of VAMH May 8, 2010 at 12:18 AM  

Who would've thought!? So simple! Yum.

taylorhand May 8, 2010 at 2:14 AM  

i ate this last night and PTFO immediately after//luv ya girl

Cori,  May 10, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

Why the nutritional yeast? What does this do for the dish? I'm new to vegan cooking so I'm just curious.

s.m. May 10, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

It's sort of a replacement for Parmesan cheese. I seriously couldn't live my vegan life without it. A lot of vegan recipes call for it so I think it's a good investment.

Anonymous,  May 12, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

I am also new to vegan cooking and found your fabulous blog from the Kind Life link. Do you find nutritional yeast at Whole Foods? And how much (roughly) do you need to use?
Thanks!
Gillian

s.m. May 12, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

Gillian,
Yes, you can get it at Whole Foods. I would estimate that I used 1/4 cup. However, I usually buy 1 LB when I go, simply because I use it so often.

Anonymous,  May 31, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

I added some peas to this and it was AMAZING!

Anonymous,  June 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

I added basil and red pepper flakes and this was sooooooooo freaking good. Thanks for your awesome recipe!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP