Sesame Lime Udon

>> Monday, June 7, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: super simple
Pots/Pans Used: one!

Ingredients


2 packages of Udon noodles (7.22 oz each)
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, thinly slices
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 TBL sesame oil
1 tsp mustard
the juice of half a lime (about 1 TBL)
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1 1/2 TBL sesame seeds
olive oil

Told ya you would see some savory! I make this all the time for lunch... usually with a Gardein cutlet on the side. Although, I usually just saute the udon noodles with sesame seeds and some soy sauce. I decided to jazz it up a bit and this is what I came up with. Takes only minutes to make and ends up being a reasonably filling and healthy meal.

In a skillet, saute garlic in olive oil over medium-low heat for a few minutes. Turn up the heat and add the udon noodles, so that they can brown a little. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ingredients ginger thru hot sauce and stir well. Now that the noodles have some color, pour this sauce on top of the noodles and saute for 1-2 minutes. Finally, add the sesame seeds. Serve hot or even cold! Makes 2-3 servings.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Suzy June 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

This looks delish!!! Wish you were here to make it for me.

veganpandimonium is lookin good!

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies June 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

I love udon noodles! Looks so good!

Anonymous,  June 7, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

That looks absolutely amazing! I also love udon noodles!

Amanda June 7, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

These look refreshing and delish!! I love recipes that can come together quickly and taste like they take hours!!

Anonymous,  June 8, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

Silly question, but do you peel ginger before cooking with it???? HELP! :)

s.m. June 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

Yes you do. And a tip for peeling ginger that I learned on the Food Network is you can just scrape the ginger with a spoon, and the skin comes off easily :)

Unknown June 8, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

Love this recipe. Definitely one of our meals this week. :D

s.m. June 8, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

Jeri I saw you're up to 19 followers! CONGRATS girl!

Anonymous,  June 9, 2010 at 12:59 AM  

Amazing, tasty and easy!!! I have udon noodles at home and most of the ingredients. Will get the remaining ingredients and prepare this for dinner tomorrow. I spent countless hours in the kitchen last week cooking all manner of dishes so I'm now ready for a few days of easy cooking and less piles of dishes to clean...many thanks, Sammie. I really enjoy this blog. Silvia

Courtney Elizabeth June 14, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

Yummy I LOVE udon! Ultimate comfort food.

Unknown June 21, 2010 at 2:55 AM  

Thanks Sammi :D It means so much coming from our 1st follower , encourager, supporter ever!!! David wanted me to print this out for him. He's gonna make it himself. Thanks for touching our lives with your sweet self. God Bless.

p.s. David says "Hi"

Bec July 20, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

This was a huge hit for me and my still meat eating bf! We ended up making another batch each for lunches.

Anonymous,  August 18, 2011 at 10:03 PM  

this ended up being way too salty, needs something other than 1/4 cup of soy sauce to make a sauce.

s.m. August 18, 2011 at 10:48 PM  

hmmm, I haven't made this in a while but I'll test it out again. Make sure you used enough udon noodles. If so, I recommend cutting down on the soy sauce if you're sensitive to salt. You may have just inspired me to come up with a brand new udon recipe :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP