POM Wonderful

>> Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sorry these posts have been going up slower than I would like lately, but I've been busy moving into a new apartment. No worries, that's over and done with and I have an even larger kitchen now to do my experiments in!
In other news...
POM wonderful was nice enough to send me a case of blueberry pomegranate juice in the mail to try out. Because I was already a fan of POM juice, I was really excited for it to arrive so that I could start trying it out in some recipes. I tested a few out, but these were definitely the favorites. Best part about them? You don't have to clean any pots and pans!

Pomegranate Vinaigrette


Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: no brainer
Pots/Pans Used: none

Ingredients


5 TBL POM blueberry pomegranate juice
3 TBL apple cider vinegar
1 TBL agave
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 TBL mustard
s & p

Combine all ingredients and whisk together. Serve over a salad with some sliced Gardein chik'n nuggets.


Pomegranate Lemonade

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: see above
Pots/Pans Used: none!

Ingredients


(this is for a single serving)
1/2 cup lemonade
1/4 cup limeade
1/2 cup POM blueberry pomegranate juice
1/4 cup pineapple juice
fresh strawberries and mint to garnish

I recently went to Olive Garden and they're featuring these new fancy lemonades which was the inspiration for this drink. I got a strawberry-mango lemonade and it was pretty amazing. All you do is combine ingredients lemonade through pineapple juice and serve with ice. Garnish with strawberries and fresh mint. Depending on the flavors you like best, you can mix up the measurements. You can also chop up an assortment of fruits and add them into the drink. Enjoy!... this drink compliments the Florida heat pretty perfectly.

4 comments:

JL Goes Vegan August 11, 2010 at 5:43 AM  

Wow, you're good, because I've never been all that inclined to pick up POM but now it's looking pretty delicious! :)

lemonade recipe August 11, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

Wow, your pomegranate lemonade looks really pretty! I just wonder though why strawberry, lol, sort of make it looks like a strawberry lemonade. Anyway, nonetheless, it still looks really refreshing. A little less mint on top and it'll be perfect for my four kids. lol! I'm excited to try this, I love pom juice.

s.m. August 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

Strawberry is mainly for appearance just because I liked the way it looked garnished with one. But I actually made one with strawberry slices thrown into the drink and it tasted really good. Lots of fruits going on in this drink but I think they all work well. Hope your kids enjoy the recipe :)

Anonymous,  August 18, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

i used to love pom wonderful when they used glass bottles but the plastic bottles have an odd aftertaste to me. :(

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP