Blue Basil Smoothie

>> Monday, October 25, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: Flipping a switch
Pots/Pans Used: 1 blender

Ingredients

1 cup spinach
3-4 large basil leaves
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 sliced rings of pineapple (plus some juice)
1 banana
1 cup plain soymilk

Photobucket

I'm on a healthy food kick right now (knock on wood) and I recenlty stocked up on everything I needed to make green smoothies for breakfast. Ironically, this turned out to be a blue smoothie, but it still has enough green ingredients to make your body love you. I got the idea to add basil after having a green smoothie at a raw restaurant that consisted of spinach, basil, parsley and various fruits. It was delicious! I have to say the same applies for this little creation. Luckily, there is hardly any prep, and it's a good way to get some fruits and veggies in on a day that you haven't been very kind to your bodacious bod. Lemme know what you think...

Photobucket

All you've gotta do is throw it all in a blender and ta da!

5 comments:

Charlie @ SweetSaltySpicy October 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

This smoothie must be delicious! I added mint in mine last week and it was incredible ;).

Kristen's Raw October 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM  

Gorgeous! Yay for health kicks!

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies November 5, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Looks great!! I actually love basil in fruit smoothies. Its so good!!!

cuz March 14, 2011 at 11:51 PM  

This is the best smoothie I've ever had, and I make it all the time! :D So thank you!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP