Nori Burritos!

>> Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: super easy! assembly required.
Pots/Pans Used: probably one. maybe more.

I got the inspiration for these burritos from The Kind Diet cookbook. I thought I would share this super easy and filling meal with you. The best part is, you can be as creative as you want to or just stick to whatever ingredients you have on hand. Like a burrito, you just stuff all your delicious ingredients into a sheet of nori seaweed paper and enjoy. I've found that it's a great idea for lunches when you're on the go...

Photobucket

For my burritos, I went pretty simple. I stuffed mine with brown rice, avocado slices, and pan-fried tofu that I whipped up a quick marinade for. My favorite tofu marinade is this one from Vegan Yum Yum. I highly recommend it! Then it's sprinkled with a little soy sauce and sesame seeds, topped with miso mayo (it makes the burrito in my opinion! Otherwise it's too dry) and served some sauteed broccolini on the side. A totally guilt-free and delicious meal :D

Photobucket

6 comments:

Prairie + Sky October 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

My mouth is watering. Yum! I have to try that marinade, and I've been wanting to make Nori burritos like the book anyway. What a perfect combo :)

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies October 22, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

YUM! Looks fabuloso chica. I love me some nori burritos! They are so good!

Nicole October 22, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

How do you make your miso mayo? Do you just mix a little bit of miso with veganise?

s.m. October 22, 2010 at 7:14 PM  

Actually, it's a pre-made product that you can buy at the store. I bought mine at Whole Foods in the refrigerated section. I'm not sure if they carry it at normal grocery stores so I would call ahead to make sure. However, I looked online and if you would rather make it, it looks like you just combine miso with mayo. Trust me, it's so delicious and well worth it!

Anonymous,  November 6, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

Mm! Thanks for the inspiration! This looks awsome!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP