Dinner and a Movie!

>> Saturday, May 21, 2011

Photobucket

This isn't technically a "recipe" per se... but instead it's more like a cute dinner idea. Anyways, a couple weeks ago, my mom and I had a marathon of the new HBO mini series, Mildred Pierce. The series has five parts and is about Mildred Pierce (played by Kate Winslet), a single mother who takes a job as a waitress during the depression to take care of her two daughters. Her love of cooking develops into her own restaurant where she features only two dinner options: chicken & waffles or chicken & vegetables. As my mom and I sat there getting hungrier and hungrier, I realized I had everything to whip up a vegan version of what we were seeing on screen!

Photobucket

I baked Gardein's Chiptole Lime Crispy Fingers until crispy and sauteed with some BBQ sauce. I threw some frozen vegan waffles in the toaster and then I steamed some corn, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms in a pan. I added some Earth Balance, s&p and nutritional yeast to the veggies, topped the waffles with maple syrup and voila!

I had to share because it seemed like such a cute movie night or date night idea. Not to mention, the food and series were excellent! :)

4 comments:

Amy Lynn May 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

That series looks so good! I love Kate Winslet! I haven't tried the Chipotle lime Gardein yet, can't wait!

Courtney Elizabeth May 23, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

i haven't seen the miniseries yet, just the original movie (with joan crawford). but i recently went to a place that served chicken & waffles and they were to die for! can't wait to try it on my own.

lynn May 27, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

watching this show made me want pie and chicken and waffles like no other...it was a great series too!!!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP