NYC4E

>> Friday, September 30, 2011

So it happened again...

Photobucket

I ended up in New York City. I think that the Fleet Foxes concert had a lot to do with it.

Photobucket

It was amazing... in case you were wondering.

After the concert, it only seemed right to head over to Foodswings. You might remember them as the vegan junk food joint from my last NY visit. I tried the Punk Fries AKA cheese fries with bacon bits!?^&*^*(!!?~?>!!#&*

Photobucket

Corn Dog (The thyme in the batter was a nice surprise!)

Photobucket

And Creamy Mac n' Cheese (which was actually pretty disappointing)

Photobucket

Then my friends and I went to The Organic Grill for a Sunday brunch. Admittedly, I wasn't super impressed with most of the stuff we ordered. That being said, it's worth a visit just to try the VEGAN OMELET! (filled with your choice of veggies and vegan cheese!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Indecisive Breakfast Plate came with tofu scramble, blueberry pancakes, and soy sausage

Photobucket

The waffles were way too dense for me, but my friends seemed to like them.

Photobucket

More tofu scramble

Photobucket

On my last day in New York, we decided to watch Chocolat. By the time it was over, I could hardly contain myself... I NEEDED to get to Cocoa V and order their signature hot chocolate stat. I seriously can't say enough about this vegan chocolate shop.

Photobucket

Another reason I love Cocoa V is for their Vegan Cheese Plate. Ummm... What!? yeah, I know! Okay okay, so it's kind of an investment. But I loved it and thought it was worth every cent.

Photobucket

Look, it's spreadable!

Photobucket

Then, my bestie and I headed to Chinatown for a dim sum date at the Vegetarian Dim Sum House. It was so inexpensive and yummy.

We got the Pan Fried Dumplings...

Photobucket

Then the Taro Treasure Boxes (They were so good! They had sweet mashed taro inside with a mock meat center)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wouldn't feel right if I didn't warn you about the next dim sum we got. It was the mushroom one, but it came in this strange gelatinous casing. Apparently, they have a few on the menu that come like this but they don't indicate it in the description at all. I'm not gunna lie... it was pretty unpleasant. I just kept imagining I was eating a jellyfish :(

Photobucket

And last, but certainly not least, were these airy little mock pork dumpling. They really didn't taste meaty at all, which was kind of nice. They were just really light and sweet.

Photobucket

So in summation, I'm pretty full. Now I will leave you with a message from Fleet Foxes... ;)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Blake September 30, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

Next time you go to NY you must bring me with you!

Miriam @ Sometimes I Veg September 30, 2011 at 9:46 PM  

I really need to go to New York, without omnivore hubby.

Unknown October 1, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

OOO that hot chocolate and cheese plate! I need both

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP