Lazy Pizza Quesadilla

>> Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: you cant mess this up
Pots/Pans Used: 1

Ingredients

flour tortillas
Mozzarella Daiya cheese
tomato sauce of your choice
crushed red pepper (optional)
s&p

I know this is an incredibly simple recipe, but I figured I would share. For some reason, I had never thought to attempt this before. Essentially, this is the result of me only having mozzarella Daiya in the house but craving a quesadilla (like most people, I usually use cheddar). Obviously, you can get creative if you want and add veggies, this is just my lazy, "I dont really feel like cooking" version. Pretty much 1/4 of the way through eating this I thought, "This is amazing and I am making a second one right after I finish this!". So there ya go!... A quick snack that will have you thinking about getting seconds before you've even finished eating!

Photobucket

Just put a tortilla in a skillet over medium heat. Spread out tomato sauce, sprinkle cheese, a bit of salt & pepper, and maybe some crushed red pepper for heat. Then top with another quesadilla and flip until crispy and melty. Slice and enjoy!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous,  March 1, 2012 at 7:40 AM  

When would you put the vegetables then? (say you were to put them in.) Also, I, like, never have any sort of vegan cheese running through the house, so could you do this with out the cheese? Thanks!

s.m. March 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM  

I would recommend sauteing your vegetables first, and then adding them after the tomato sauce. You can make it without the cheese, but It's going to be a pretty different recipe. But if you add the veggies, and season well, I wouldn't think you'd miss the cheese much :)

Mihl March 2, 2012 at 6:59 AM  

This may be very simple but I never tried this. It looks absolutely amazing!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP