Peanut Butter Brownie Fudge

>> Thursday, February 23, 2012

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: just stir
Pots/Pans Used: 1

Ingredients

1 can pumpkin puree
1 box vegan fudge brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker)
2 TBL chocolate syrup
2 TBL peanut butter

After seeing this recipe on the food network and realizing it was vegan, I decided to give it a whirl. Given that I haven't had fudge in three years, I was pretty excited. That being said, this definitely isn't the exact same as fudge. It's somewhere in between a really moist, dense brownie and fudge. At first I wasn't sure about it, but I think the trick is to let it sit a while after it's set before trying it. It ended up growing on me and became my go-to semi-healthy, not too sweet, after dinner treat.

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, stir together dry brownie mix and the pumpkin. It's going to seem like the ratios are off, but just keep stirring until it gets smooth. Then, mix in the chocolate syrup. The batter will be very thick. Spray a square baking pan with non-stick spray and pour batter into it, leveling out the top. Microwave your peanut butter for about 20 seconds so that it gets soft. Spread it over top in lines and then drag a knife through to get a fancy design like so:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pop then in the oven for 35 minutes. The batter might look undercooked, but it's okay! Let them cool and then refrigerate them for 2 hours. After refrigerating, I let mine sit at room temperature. Like I said, I found that the longer they sat, they better they tasted. Just be patient! :)

3 comments:

Unknown February 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM  

Strange that Betty crocker is vegan, I love finding items you never thought would be vegan ARE!
Sounds like an interesting recipe..I might just have to try it.
I am having a gift away on my blog, love for you to enter!

Anonymous,  July 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM  

Hello!
This sounds very interesting.. I just had one question.
What size can for the pumpkin puree?
Thanks.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP