>> Saturday, October 20, 2012
Pots/Pans Used: 2
Brownie mix (I used Ghiradelli fudgey brownie mix with Ener G Egg replacer)
2 8oz Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup agave
1/4 almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of: ginger, nutmeg, & allspice
2 Tblsp cornstarch
As of last week, I'm committing to posting a recipe every Friday. That way, you'll have the weekend to cook if you wish, and you'll actually know when to expect a recipe. I'm a day late on this one because I have been anxiously waiting for them to set in the fridge overnight. But they're ready AND THEY'RE AWESOME! Nope, they're not healthy even a little bit but they're still great. So if anything, just make them, eat one, and then bring them into work. You'll get the satisfaction of saying, "Oh! And they're vegan" as your co-workers lick their fingers.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prepare brownies according to the mix, using all the appropriate replacements.
3. Spread the brownie batter into a greased baking dish and level it out
4. Combine ingredients cream cheese thru cornstarch in a blender
5. Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter
6. Using a knife, swirl some of the brownie batter into the cheesecake batter
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes, let cool, and then refrigerate a few hours (or until firm)
8. Slice them up and that's that.
Also, they tend to look best when served with candy corn nails...