Havarti & Oyster Mushrooms

>> Friday, March 8, 2013



For those of you that have yet to try Daiya's Jalapeno Garlic Havarti... What are you doing with your lives??? It's seriously so, so great. It's the first vegan cheese that I enjoy unmelted (aside from Dr-Cow's). Not to mention, my mom agreed that it tasted like real cheese! So there.

Anyways, I saw this recipe here and decided to try it out. It's a little crazy how awesome this is. BUT the oyster mushrooms and havarti are vital to the success, so don't even bother messing around with substitutes!

I just sauteed some mushrooms (that I grew mahself!) with a little olive oil, s&p, and then topped it on a toast with melty cheese. Sprinkle some fresh or dried basil, and you'll have one of the easiest best damn things you will ever eat. You're welcome!

4 comments:

Robin Katherine March 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM  

Omg yes! This is the best vegan cheese! I can only imagine how delicious it would be paired with mushrooms. Yum :)

Elena March 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM  

Wow! It's simple and magnificent! You've got a new follower...

evasive April 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM  

OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG THAT IS AMAZINGGGG I AM SO MAKING THIS. Loved visiting w/ you, I look forward to the NYC post! <3

Elena April 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM  

I might think to add oysters, but I don't love so much the taste.....

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP