Sammi's Sammys

>> Thursday, May 30, 2013

I have been pretty busy with work lately. Which means I haven't really had the time to make anything blog-worthy. Just a lot of brown rice, tofu, and too much take-out. I have, however, been making some pretty mean Sammys that I thought I'd share.

I tend to go for an open-faced sammy... it lasts longer and can hold more avocado! Win win! But the best thing about sammys is that all you really need are a few fresh ingredients...

And Viola! Cream cheese, tomato, avocado, and spinach topped with a lemon rosemary vinaigrette, and fitted neatly on two slices of toasted sesame Ezekiel bread.



"WOAH! NO WAY! Lemon Rosemary Vinaigrette!??" You undoubtedly just exclaimed... And yes, It's homemade and delicious! I have been making homemade dressings a lot lately now that I'm growing my own herbs. Seriously, it took me way too long to start doing this. I'll never buy those herb packages from the grocery store again now that I have these cute little babies:

So anyways, the vinaigrette. Just combine 50/50 fresh lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor with salt, pepper, and a sprig of fresh rosemary. It's good on pasta, rice, tofu, sandwiches, etc.


"But hold up! What about sweet breakfast sammys, Sammi?"

Glad you asked. Breakfast is my favorite meal. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of skipping it. But when I do make time for it, I like my breakfast version of Strawberry Cheesecake. Just cream cheese and strawberries on toast or a bagel with a green smoothie. Oh yeah!


What's your favorite Sammy?

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM  

I want both sammies in my belly right now. I gotta stop reading blogs when I'm hungry. I don't really have a favorite sandwich, but for me, all great sandwiches have avocado.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP