>> Friday, August 9, 2013
I came across this recipe while watching Giada at Home on the Food Network. At first, it does seem like an interesting (almost strange) mix of sweet and savory, but I'm telling you... it's really delicious. It's almost like a dessert that you can justify having for lunch. I mean, it has cheese. It's technically a sandwich. "Lunch".
Pots/Pans Used: Just a panini press!
-fresh rosemary leaves
-light brown sugar
1. Slice your ciabatta loaf lengthwise and brush olive oil on the top and bottom of both halves.
2. Spread jam generously over one half of loaf.
3. Wash and chop fresh rosemary. Don't use so much that it becomes overpowering but just enough to get a piece in each bite.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella on top.
5. Sandwich your halves together and sprinkle the top of the panini with a little brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. Press your sandwich with a panini press until cheese is melted, and the bread is crispy (approx. 5 min).
*Note: If you don't have a panini press, no problem! All you're going to do is put your sandwich in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the bottom of another heavy skillet or sauce pan on top of the sandwich. This will mimic the press. Remember to flip your panini half way through!
Cut down the center and serve with a refreshing drink! I served mine with fresh ginger/carrot/banana juice!