Caprese Sammy

>> Friday, March 21, 2014

An open-faced sandwich with a smoothie on the side has become my favorite brunch. My toast of choice is Sesame Ezekiel, but the toppings change daily. Most days it's just sliced avocado with lemon juice but today I decided to take advantage of some of my fresh herbs.

All you'll need for your Caprese-inspired sammy is some tomato, Daiya mozzarella, and fresh basil. First, you'll want to toast your bread with a sprinkle of mozzarella on top. Top with some sliced fresh tomato, julienned basil, and salt & pepper. Instead of drizzling balsamic vinegar over top, I opted for a hot chili olive oil.

It's simple, fresh, and flavorful.

1 comments:

Chris Dickerson March 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM  

Sprouted bread, veggies... NOM-wich. ;-)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP