Simply Spiced Cucumber Salad

>> Monday, May 30, 2011

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: "easy" just doesn't cut it
Pots/Pans Used: zero!!!!!!

Ingredients
(for a single serving)

3/4 to 1 whole cucumber, sliced
2 TBL Miso Mayo
1/4 tsp lemon juice,
pinch of black pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes
pinch of turmeric
pinch of curry powder

In my basket of local veggies last week, I received a few delicious cucumbers which I started slicing up and taking to work for lunches. At first, I just topped the sliced cucumber with a little miso mayo and black pepper. Honestly, that was delicious enough on it's own but I decided to spice it up a bit. I was running low on miso mayo, so I was only able to make enough dressing for maybe one whole sliced cucumber. But if you have the ingredients in excess, I recommend playing with the measurements a bit to please your palate.

Just mix ingredients miso mayo thru curry powder and then toss it with sliced cucumbers until well coated. That's really it! So good while staying so simple! And yes, I totally licked the bowl :P

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tamzin Nicholas May 31, 2011 at 1:35 AM  

Oh my word, that looks good! Will definitely be trying it out (^^,)

Scott June 1, 2011 at 8:24 PM  

I love cucumbers, I love spicy thangs - so I'll bet you a million dollars I will love this!

Eating Smart (Tracy) June 6, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

This looks so delicious and healthy. Can't wait to try it. Keep 'em coming!

Serena June 9, 2011 at 1:34 AM  

This looks delicious! In fact, I just made a cucumber salad as part of my dinner tonight (sunomuno). ^_^ I am baffled by how some people slice their cukes so thin.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP