Cold Tofu

>> Friday, April 25, 2014

Soooo let's be real, Cold Tofu sounds hella boring. At least that's what I thought when I saw it on the menu at The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray, Florida. But I thought I'd give it a go. And you know what? It was seriously awesome. Granted, you must like tofu and the texture of silken tofu in particular. But it's so clean tasting and simplistic! Very in line with zen cooking. Besides, my taste buds are always such suckers for umami.
 All that's required:

Silken Tofu
Soy Sauce
Ponzu
Sriracha (optional)
Pickled Ginger
Green Onion, sliced

This dish is basically just assembling ingredients. After pressing your silken tofu, slice it into 1 inch think pieces. Drizzle equal parts soy sauce and ponzu over top (No need to drown it!). Then a drizzle of sriracha, pile of ginger, and garnish of green onion. You're good to go!

Speaking of the Morikami Gardens, here's a few shots for your viewing pleasure. In addition to the beautiful landscaping, they've got a truly great restaurant! I plan on reviewing it in further detail soon ;)


(My Cold Tofu's Namesake ^^^^)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP