Summer Succotash

>> Thursday, July 17, 2014


Most summers, my Tennessee family meets up with the South Florida family in the panhandle. We bring our dogs, rent a beach house, take turns cooking, and watch the sunset everynight. I decided to share this Summer Succotash I made to accompany Tuesday's burrito night. It's really fresh and sweet. I sort of wung it, so measurements are really just suggestions.


Combine:
2 mangos, diced
raw sweet corn (four cobs)
1 can of seasoned butter beans
2 tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno, minced
juice of 2 limes
s&p to taste




My cousin, Carey, and I were lucky enough to be the same age growing up at the beach. And now we're back 20+ years later, with Carey about to have her own little one and me about to be a godmother (!!!!!!!).




Here's some photos I've been taking over the last few days. Sorry, it was difficult to edit them down.






p.s. Despite being a Floridian, this is Oliver's first time at the beach (and he loves it).


2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 29, 2015 at 2:14 PM  

I miss your posts :(

Unknown March 23, 2015 at 3:53 AM  

Nice article love to read the whole new way of your writing this things.

Mario
www.gofastek.com

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP