Avocado & Bean Quesadillas

>> Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Photobucket

Level of Difficulty: EASY
Pots/Pans Used: 1! (+ a cutting board)

Ingredients

Flour tortillas
1/4 can refried beans
1/2 Avocado
salsa (optional)
Tofutti's Better Than Sour cream (optional)

I probably make this meal about twice a week simply because it is so incredibly easy and takes very little time, effort and ingredients. I just use beans and avocado as a filling, because I'm never satisfied with the way vegan cheese melts (or more importantly, doesn't melt).

Now, just start out by putting a medium-sized frying pan on low heat with the tortilla laying flat in the pan. Then, spread about 1/4 can of the refried beans on one half of the tortilla (I used to heat up the beans separately in a sauce pan, but they heat up just the same on the tortilla). Then, you are going to mash up half an avocado with a fork (if you like your avocado in slices, that's fine. I just prefer a guacamole texture). When the beans are heated throughout, spread the guacamole on top of the beans. Then, fold over the other half of the tortilla on top of the guacamole & beans half. By this point, the tortilla should be nice and crisp. Then, flip the Quesadilla over to let both sides heat nicely (about 1 min). Finally you're ready to slice them up and serve them with your favorite condiments such as sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!

NOTE: This recipe is for a half order of Quesadillas. If you want a full six pieces, just stack one tortilla on top of the other instead of doing my "folding-over" method.

6 comments:

Blake,  September 17, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

I love my place mats as a backdrop. But seriously, I have to try those. I made a non-vegan version with beans and cheese, but yours is probably better.

Saravegan April 21, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

I just made these...omg so good!

Anonymous,  May 15, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

I just made some Guac off another recipe, I will probably be using it later to indulge in this. :D

Erin July 20, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

This looks great. Do you put any oil or anything in the pan before the tortillas? Thanks :-)

s.m. July 23, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

Erin, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. To answer your question, no you don't need to use any oil to get the tortillas to crisp up in the pan :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP