Crispy Kale Chips

>> Saturday, January 30, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: the easiest
Pots/Pans Used: maybe a bowl

Ingredients

1 bushel of kale
1 TBL olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Crispy kale chips is my new favorite snack. I would totally recommend sneaking these into the movies or even replacing your daily potato chip fix with these babies. Oh my goodness... they are so fantastic and you can enjoy then guilt free! On a side note, I personally am not a big fan of prepackaged and cut kale. Whenever I've had it I was completely unsatisfied and I've heard other people say the same thing. Just a tip....
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse and dry the kale well. Then rip up the kale into bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, massage the olive oil and salt into the kale. You may want to add or use less salt depending on your taste level. First time I made this recipe I used 1 tsp salt and it was a bit of a salty overload. 1/2 tsp was about right for me. Spread the kale on a baking sheet so that none of the pieces are on top of each other. Bake for about 18 minutes until really crispy. That's it! Woohoo!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  January 30, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

i am going to make these tomorrow.
this sounds so0o0o go0o0od.

s.m. January 30, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

word to tha wise: MAKE A LOTTTTT

Anonymous,  March 12, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

These are my new fave too! I added some nutritional yeast too. YUMMM.

Suzanne March 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

Oh my golly, I'm going to have to try this. Always up for another fun way to enjoy kale!

s.m. March 12, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

nutritional yeast?! awesome idea! I'll have to try that out soon

Anonymous,  March 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

I'm far from a vegan but I wanted to start eating healthy.I made these and the kale was very good.I'm impressed!!!

Unknown May 4, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

+ parma or nutritional yeast... i'm uhh-dicted! & my (very non-vegan) family loved too!
thanks for all your positive energy and ideas. ♥

Unknown June 5, 2010 at 1:32 AM  

I just made these. They are so good. Yum!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP