CHEESECAKE!!!

>> Thursday, February 4, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: EASY as cake
Pots/Pans used: just a blender!

Ingredients

2 80z containers of Tofutti Better Than Cream Chesse
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 TBL lemon juice
5-6 TBL coconut milk
2 TBL cornstarch
1 9" precooked pie crust
fruit (optional)

Photobucket
I LOVE cheesecake so much. I've really only had it lately at vegan restaurants, so needless to say, I don't get it often enough. I decided it was time to add a cheesecake recipe into my repertoire and Voila! I plan to work on some more creative variations on cheesecake including some different flavors. But for now, it's hard to argue with the original... ;)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend vanilla, cream cheese and sugar in a blender or food processor (I used a blender). Add lemon juice and coconut milk and continue to blend. Finally, add the cornstarch and blend again. Pour into your pie crust and bake for 45 minutes until slightly golden on top. Set it aside to cool. Once cooled completely, you can decorate it with some fruit and refrigerate until ready to eat. If you can contain yourself, I recommend giving it at least an hour to refrigerate so that it gets an opportunity to set up properly.

12 comments:

Blake February 4, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

that cheesecake was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. seriously. could not tell that is was vegan. or maybe i could and didn't care because of how freaking delicious it was. two thumbs way up.

Danny P.,  February 5, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Yeah, this had to have been the best cheesecake i've ever had. Hands down.

Anonymous,  March 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Do you think it could work without sugar somehow? Would stevia work?

s.m. March 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

Yeah, most of these recipes are before I read the Kind Diet so I'm trying to phase sugar out of my recipes as well. I just bought some stevia, I'll try to tweak the recipe and get back to you! :)

Michelle Brown April 22, 2010 at 12:47 AM  

Just wanted to thank you for your wonderful recipes. As a beginner vegan - almost two weeks - yay I was so inspired by your recipes! I had people over for dinner on Tuesday and everyone absolutely adored my 'vegan' cheesecake - all wanted seconds!! They were shocked and amazed and how great it tasted - I substituted strawberries for raspberries and made my own pie crust with vegan coconut biscuits and vegan margarine - living in Australia we are a little more limited in the range of products available to us here. Sammi you are an inspiration - thank you so much for your delicious recipes and for helping me to discover that Oreos are vegan! xo

s.m. April 22, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

Michelle,
Congrats on your (almost) two weeks of veganism! Thank you so so much for writing such a sweet comment, it means a lot. Your pie crust sounds like it would be ridiculously good... i LOVE coconut so I'll have to try that sometime :)

Anonymous,  May 4, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Made this on Sunday, and it was amazing!!! The only berries I could find at the supermarket that were organic (a new priority for us) were blueberries, so I topped my cake with those, and it's a delicious combination!

I can't wait until my next visit with my parents; my Dad makes several delicious kinds of cheesecake I will no longer eat now that I'm vegan, and both my parents love cheesecake, so I can't wait to make this for them!

Kim

Lindsay,  August 20, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

I don't have a blender or a food processor ;( Would it be a big issue if I just blended it by hand?

s.m. August 20, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

I've never done it, but you can certainly try. If nothing else, it'll be a good arm work out. Let me know how it turns out! I can't imagine it would make a huge difference, but it could affect the texture slightly. If it does work, it's definitely worth it!!! Good Luck :D

Anonymous,  November 1, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

The first time I made this I didn't have a food processor and I just blended it by hand, and it's no trouble at all. :)

Kim

Anonymous,  June 1, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

LOVED this recipe - so yummy! I made my own crust with a quick recipe and even wrote a post, on my blog, about your awesome recipe. Keep up the great work Sammi, love your blog! :-) http://lissieanne.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/fan-your-cheesecake/

nabu,  February 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM  

Wow! OMG! This was amazing! And I can't stress how important it is to wait until it sets up in the freezer for an hour. Its so worth the wait! Thank u for this recipe!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP