Thin Mushroom Pizza

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: 1,2,3, done!
Pots/Pans Used: UNO!

Ingredients

1 pkg mushrooms, sliced (I used 2 portobello caps)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBL olive oil
1 TBL soy sauce
1 tortilla
Tofutti's herb & chive cream cheese
fresh basil

This recipe is based off of a pizza recipe in The Kind Diet (Just an update, I am on day four of my Superhero diet... yay!). I was feeling super lazy and I was starving from not getting a break to eat all day so I needed this pizza done FAST. Therefore, I made some very slight adjustments to make the cooking process easier and quicker. Let me just say, I LOVE the idea of using a crisp tortilla as the dough. I felt completely satisfied but not too weighed down by a heavy crust. Nom nom nom, I seriously can't wait to make this recipe again. Ideally, I would have used a whole wheat tortilla (new diet) but I couldn't find them at my grocery store. So that's the only adjustment I might make for next time. Either way, it was sooooooo good!

Preheat the oven to 350. Pop the tortilla in the oven on a baking sheet and let it crisp up ( I didn't pay attention to how long it took, sorry). In a saute pan over medium heat, add the oil and garlic. Next, add the mushrooms and once they get a nice sear, add the soy sauce. Saute another 3-4 minutes. Spread the cream cheese onto the crisp tortilla and then top with the garlicky mushrooms. Chop up some fresh basil to garnish on top. Cut into slices and feel free to pig out!

FYI, I have also made the Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispy Treats and the Mushroom, Pea and Leek Risotto from The Kind Diet. HUGE SUCCESSES

6 comments:

Lindsey Mills March 6, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

Ooh damn, girl! This looks real good. And ALMOND BUTTER BROWN RICE CRISPY TREATS? Uhhhhhhhhh recipe plz. :)

Jeri March 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

Just looked through your recipes and want to thank you. It all looks soooo good. I appreciate how organized it all is makes it so much easier.

God bless,
Jeri -TKL forum.

s.m. March 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Thank you so much!!! It makes me so happy to hear that I'm able to help you out in your new vegan lifestyle :^D

Scott March 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM  

I can't tell if this is more simple or delicious! It was so full of flavor and surprisingly hearty. I happened to have some Smart Bacon on hand and that went really well on top too. (Ok, delicious wins).

s.m. March 9, 2010 at 12:08 AM  

mmmmm smart bacon = great idea. I'm trying that

veronica April 16, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

oh, I love these mushroom pizzas. My fiance and I are doing the superhero diet, too, and this one just feels so indulgent! He's not eating gluten at all, so I make them with rice tortillas... also a delicious choice. And also delicious? Adding truffle oil on top. Wowza.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP