Coconut & Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding

>> Friday, May 21, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: You just have to know how to measure!
Pots/Pans Used: 1 or 2


Ingredients


1 french baguette, ripped into bite-size cubes (makes about 5 cups)
1 can coconut milk (1 3/4 cups)
1 cup original soy creamer (can probably sub soymilk)
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup shredded coconut

My first ever attempt at a bread pudding was a banana bread pudding and I was extremely underwhelmed. So when attempting round two I had some skepticism. Let me tell you, forget my first failure, this bread pudding rules! Seriously, it was so moist and rich and totally satisfied my sweet tooth. My only critique is that it needs more coconut, but I pretty much can never get enough coconut. If you don't like coconut, you can easily make this recipe without, and the same goes for the chocolate chips. Happy Baking...

Photobucket

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine ingredients coconut milk - vanilla and whisk together. Submerge the bread cubes in the liquid and let them soak for five minutes. Then, mix in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Pour the mixture into a small, greased casserole dish. Sprinkle some more coconut and chocolate chips on top. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. After 30 minutes, check on it to see if the coconut is toasting and the bread is getting golden. Mine needed about 10 extra minutes. Serve warm and be prepared to slip into yet another food coma.

8 comments:

Stephenie May 22, 2010 at 4:48 AM  

This looks so delicious! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing your recipes :)

Sabina May 22, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Sammi, OHMIGOD. This is BEAUTIFUL, and combines two of my favorite things (coconut, chocolate...and, well, duh - bread)! You are a food GENIUS.

Aubrey,  May 23, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

Thank you so much for this recipe. I've got your site bookmarked, and as a newbie vegan, I *love* all your great recipes and ideas. Thanks again!

Anonymous,  June 1, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

OMG this looks so good! I bet it would be good with banana in it too, but if you couldn't make a banana bread pudding work then I'm not going to try haha I'll just stick with this recipe ;)

s.m. June 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

I think where I went wrong with the banana bread pudding was using a whole what baguette, it was just too overpowering. But you're right, if you can pull off banana in this dish, it would probably be amazing!

Anonymous,  June 5, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

did you think i should try banana slices or like mash it up? i've never made anything like that. and yeah unfortunately wheat probably wouldn't work well in a dessert =/. thanks for always providing great recipes! I'm going to recommend you to my friend who wants to be vegetarian and maybe vegan!

s.m. June 6, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

Well I just looked up a couple banana bread pudding recipes to see what they did. One said to slice, another said to mash. So, I would just do whatever texture you would find most pleasant. If it were me... I would probably slice them. Let me know how it turns out!!

Anonymous,  March 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM  

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP