Simple Smoothie

>> Saturday, September 18, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: Anyone (with a blender) could do this!
Pots/Pans Used: just a blender

Ingredients

1 banana
1 cup strawberries
the juice and flesh of one grapefruit
1 cup ice
2 tsp agave nectar (optional)

Photobucket

I happen to love smoothies but rarely make them. Contrary to what the photo makes it look like, this is not a rose-infused smoothie (although that's an interesting idea I should work on)... the roses I had in my apartment were just too pretty to not utilize in the photo. I decided to make this really simple smoothie because I had some fruit that only have a few days left and needed to get put to good use. The great thing is that you can really mix it up and add whatever you have. You could add some spinach and make a "green" smoothie, do whatever. If anything, this is just a reminder of how simple and awesome smoothies are.

Photobucket

All the effort required is blending all ingredients. Ideally, I like to use frozen fruit so that I can bypass using ice. Usually the ice never breaks down enough and so you're left with little chunks. If your fruit is frozen, usually that's enough texture to thicken up the drink. Now go and get your smoothie on.

1 comments:

JL Goes Vegan September 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

Beautiful! (and sounds good) I need to add more grapefruit to smoothies.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP