White Pizza

>> Saturday, September 25, 2010

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: reaaaalll simple
Pots/Pans Used: 1!

Ingredients

NUTRITIONAL YEAST***
3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup Earth Balance
2 TBL flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
pizza dough
Daiya mozzarella cheese
Gardein seven grain crispy tenders, chopped

***I'm sorry to anyone who already made this, I made this pizza today and realized I forgot to say to add nutritional yeast. Add it after the milk. I would say to start out with a couple tabelspoons at a time until it reaches the desired texture. If it gets too thick, no worries! Just add some more milk!

The fact that I can't even look at the pictures I took of this pizza without letting out little shrieks and groans of longing speaks volumes to how GOOD THIS IS! Before I was vegan, I loved white pizza with white sauce. Until my friend, Tess, made me the pizza the other night it had never even crossed my mind to veganize it. Considering there are like... no vegetables on this pizza you might wanna make a super veggie-heavy side dish because the last thing you wanna feel while eating this is guilty. Seriously, it's just too good to not enjoy to the fullest extent. But by all means, pile the veggies on. It's entirely your call!

Photobucket

Preheat oven to 425. In a saucepan on low-medium heat melt the Earth Balance. Then while whisking, gradually add the flour. The flour will soak up the butter and begin to clump up. Then add the almond milk gradually and then the nutritional yeast until it becomes the consistency of a thick cheesy sauce. Roll out your dough so that it is the desired size and then spread the white sauce on as if it were tomato sauce. Top with mozzarella and the chopped crispy tenders. (I microwaved the tenders for a minute and then chopped them). I baked mine on a pizza crisper and it took about 15 minutes or so. I don't think the time would be affected that much if you're using a baking sheet but just keep an eye on it and REMEMBER to oil the pan first otherwise the pizza will be impossible to get off. I am speaking from experience. And the last thing you want is deliciously smelling ooey gooey pizza that you can't eat because it has conjoined with a large metal rectangle. And if you can believe it, I think it actually tastes even better the second day.

Photobucket

11 comments:

JL goes Vegan September 25, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

Oh. My. Goodness!!! I miss white pizza, too. This is a KEEPER!

Danielle September 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

This looks insane! As someone w/a nut allergy, do you think rice milk would hold up to almond in this recipe??

The Kuntrageous Vegan September 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

holy mother of ...damn. that looks good as hell.

s.m. September 27, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

haha thanks guys! Yes, Although I've never made it with rice milk, I'm sure it would be perfectly fine.

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies September 28, 2010 at 3:02 AM  

YUUUUUM! That just looks so good to me right now!

Unknown October 1, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

Yuuuummmmmy!!! I love the pic with the Asparagus too. Great idea. Thanks Sammi :D

Diana,  October 2, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

I made this tonight using a pizza dough recipe from Vegan On The Cheap and I brushed the crust with olive oil, then sprinkled it with garlic salt. The store was out of Daiya mozzarella (gasp!) so I bought the last tube of mozzarella Teese and then grated it. I opted for sauteed mushrooms and onions with a little garlic and fresh basil instead of the Gardein strips. I also made it square and Sicilian style. YUM-tastic! Thanks so much for the recipe. :)

s.m. October 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

YUM! I think I'm gunna have to try your version! Thanks for sharing, Diana :)

River October 15, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

I made it for Halloweegan! This pizza is the bomb! I'm taking a break from regular tomatoey pizza to indulge in some yummy white pizza goodness. Thank you for sharing! :)

Anonymous,  October 22, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

We just made this sauce tonight and it was SO delicious! We, likewise, didn't have any daiya so we threw on some tempeh, kale, carrots and caramelized onions and forgot the cheese. Amazing! Thanks you so much!

Alyssa,  April 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM  

So, um, wow! Just made this for my non-vegan tomato-loving family and they loved it!! This was just amazingly delicious!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP