Tampa Bay's First Annual Veg Fest!!!

>> Sunday, October 3, 2010

So this weekend, my friends, Scott and Eva, visited me for the first annual Tampa Bay Veg Fest...

Photobucket

Luckily, there was an awesome turn out and some really yummy food to boot. It took place at the Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park right in downtown Tampa. It was a really great location because it was on the water... plus dogs were welcome (so Oliver made some friends)! Anyways, I thought I would share some of the food we ate because it was pretty great.

Okay, so we started out at the Grass Root's booth, which is an all vegan restaurant in Tampa. I need to do a food review of them sometime! We got a BBQ sandwich with spicy mayo and a side of quinoa tabbouleh... it had a nice amount of spice and I had never seen quinoa in tabbouleh before. Both ended up being really delicious!

Photobucket

and curried potatoes (so good and smokey!)

Photobucket

Naturally, we couldn't leave without trying some sweets from Sherrel White, the Healthy Chef and up and coming vegan baker in Tampa. We tried these mini peanut butter cheesecake bites (with a layer of chocolate and a nutty crust). They were SO GOOD! If only they weren't mini!... and uh, how adorable is my food model, Eva?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And a gluten-free vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting

Photobucket

We topped the experience off with an unbelievably yummy pumpkin ice cream from Three 2 OH. I have to say, Fall flavors are probably my favorite. This thing seriously got my wheels turning. I need to figure out how to make this now that we're entering Fall. Mmmm mmm mmmm!

Photobucket

And just in case you still aren't sold yet on how good the food was... check out Oliver who could hardly help himself from jumping on the table and digging in!

Photobucket

Overall, it was a really great experience full of good people, dogs, and food.

Photobucket

Anyone else have a really good veg fest in their area coming up? Next year I hope to have my own booth and maybe sell some baked goods and VP t-shirts. We'll see if I can get my act together in time. I'll let you know!

In summation, GO TAMPA!

6 comments:

Scott October 3, 2010 at 8:10 PM  

It was so great to see such a nice turnout!

Anonymous,  October 3, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

ughh this looks like sucha nice day!

Danny P.,  October 3, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

Beautiful pics of beautiful people and beautiful food.

Trinity (of haiku tofu) October 4, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

That looks so fun! I wish I could have gone too!

Erica Rose,  October 5, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

we drove up to SF last weekend for their vegfest. it was so much fun! tons of samples were great, of course :-)

Unknown October 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

I just found this blog and I look at the first picture and I was like 'oh that looks like Eva!' and then I realized 'oh that IS Eva!".
How funny.

Welp, I'm glad I found a vegan blog to enjoy. :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP