Mediterranean Quesadilla

>> Sunday, January 30, 2011

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: SO SIMPLE
Pots/Pans Used: one

Ingredients


Whole Wheat Tortillas
Daiya Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Fresh Spinach Leaves
1/4 Roasted Red Pepper, Chopped
Balsamic Vinegar
olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Sprinkle of:
Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, and Ground Oregano

I literally JUST finished eating this for lunch and had to post it right away simply because it was so yummy. This is one of those "I desperately need to go grocery shopping... let's see what I can make out of the few ingredients left in my fridge" recipes. Honestly, i want another one!

Photobucket

In a skillet, heat a little olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic. Let it saute for a couple minutes. Next, add the spinach. Once the spinach has reduced significantly in size, sprinkle a pinch of the pepper, red pepper flakes, and ground oregano on top. Saute 30 more seconds. Set aside the Spinach. In the same pan, place one tortilla. Top it with a generous portion of Daiya cheese, the sauteed spinach, the roasted red pepper, and drizzle some balsamic vinegar over top. Then sandwich the other tortilla on top. Flip the tortillas. You'll know that it's done once the cheese is completely melted and the quesadilla is browned on both sides. For presentation purposes, you can drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top and garnish with a small spinach salad!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Scott January 30, 2011 at 7:59 PM  

YUMediterranianimonium!

Karmalily January 30, 2011 at 9:53 PM  

I bet this would be delicious with green olives too. Cool idea!

LittleHouseofVeggies January 31, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

Honestly, I am a simple girl, and quesadillas are really one of my FAVORITE things! I LOVE them in all variations. This one looks especially great!

Robin Katherine February 1, 2011 at 8:18 AM  

MMM.. What a great idea! I have never tried Daiya cheese but this makes me want to. Keep the recipes coming :D

Danielle February 2, 2011 at 11:32 AM  

Snowed in...all roads are closed and my office, too! Looks like I know what I'm making for lunch! Gonna dip them in some yummy hummus!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP