Artichoke with Hollandaise Sauce

>> Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: So Simple
Pots/Pans Used: 1 plus a blender

Ingredients

Artichokes!

For the Hollandaise Sauce:
3/4 cup of soft tofu
2 tsp mustard
4 TBL nutritional yeast
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup soymilk
1 TBL olive oil
2 tsp soy sauce
pinch paprika
pinch turmeric
salt & pepper to taste

The inspiration for this came while watching Julie & Julia. I believe it was the first recipe that Julie Powell tries from the Julia Child's cookbook. Anyways, in the movie it looks ridiculous! Artichokes have always been one of my favorite meals. Eating it requires more participation that the average veggie, but in my opinion, it's a small price to pay!

Photobucket

Steaming the artichoke is very simple. Basically just cut off some of the stem and steam the artichoke in a pot for about 15-20 minutes or until the leaves pull off easily. Meanwhile, you can start on the Hollandaise Sauce. I just stole this recipe from my "Eggless Benedict" recipe. You just throw it all in a blender and flip dat switch! This may make more than you want but the sauce is great over pasta. That's what I always do with the leftovers.

I am also really excited because CSN approached me about doing a product review for them. I have been looking at all the stuff they have on their websites and it goes way beyond kitchen supplies. In fact, if anyone is in the process of remodeling their kitchen, they have some pretty cool lighting options. Their Pendant Lighting fixtures are very unique and simple. Anyways, stay tuned for that review coming soon!

4 comments:

xx March 10, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

Can I just say how cute your blog is?! I've been a long-time follower and decided I just had to comment. I'm obsessed with artichokes and secretly loved Julie & Julia... this recipe looks amazing.

Charlie @ SweetSaltySpicy March 10, 2011 at 4:19 PM  

I loooove artichokes. Now I'm craving some :P.

Sindy March 19, 2011 at 3:34 AM  

I usually eat artichokes with vegennaise- this looks a lot healthier!

Tess October 7, 2011 at 8:56 PM  

Sammi,

You are the best. You are my inspiration. You are the wind beneath my wings. I just wanted to say this here, tucked away in your little blog. I'm sorry I have been off my commenting roll (well really I guess I was never a STELLAR commenter) but you have helped me be a better vegan and I mean it! So many people LOVE YOUR BLOG and for good reason. It's not the end of an era. It's just the beginning! And as soon as my internet starts moving faster than a little snail I will be back on my A-GAME. I love you. You're so great. And talented. And I'm glad the world knows it now. Even if they only get it lyk 5%, it still makes me happy. YOU DA YOU DA BEST.

Love,
Tess

PS, Good lookin out warning people about the jellyfish dim sum. Taylor actually LIKES THOSE can you BELIEVE IT? Kicking her out of the house.

Also, when I say you are an inspiration I really mean it, even though it sounds silly before the "wind beneath my wings" comment.

<3 <3 <3

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP