Vegan in Vegas!!!

>> Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Photobucket

That's right... my mom and I went to Las Vegas. I happily returned home from my trip last night with a tummy full of yummy vegan food and 33 dollars in penny slot winnings. So... all in all, being a vegan in Vegas is not too shabby in my book. Technically, my mom was actually there on business so we were lucky enough to stay at the Bellagio hotel. I can't speak for other hotels, but the room service chef was really excellent in trying to accommodate my special diet. He came up with a vegan breakfast menu that included more than just fruit! Honestly, some of the food was hit or miss, but it was awesome that they at least tried to get creative.

Here's what we feasted on and where you can get it. I also took the liberty to include a few fun pictures from the trip.

As soon as I arrived, I spoke to the chef on the phone and he sent up a couple midnight snacks. First was a veggie roll with very snazzy leaf-shaped wasabi... Ooh la la!

Photobucket

And some fantastic Thai Spring Rolls that came with two dipping sauces

Photobucket
Photobucket

My first morning in Vegas, I feasted on a Vegan Frittata with hash browns and a grapefruit

Photobucket
Photobucket

This grapefruit was seriously fantastic. It had burnt sugar on top that made it like the most delicious little Grapefruit Brulee!

Photobucket
Photobucket

For Lunch we walked over to the Wynn hotel. I did some research before my trip and found out that Mr. Wynn is in fact a vegan. That means that all of his restaurants offer an optional vegan menu. However, I had seen pictures from Little Vegan Planet's Vegas trip and decided I HAD to get the pizza. I kept it simple with caramelized red onions, mushrooms, and red pepper. It WUZ Gr8!!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then we went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum and I got my picture taken with my idol, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Seriously, It's about time you all knew that I LOVE Buffy! My life is now complete. Unfortunately, Leo Dicaprio was not in the building :(

Photobucket

The next morning they sent up some vegan pancakes and some beautiful fruit! Honestly, the texture of the pancakes were a little weird - very thin and chewy. At least they tried...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Another morning I tried the breakfast burrito which was a big disappointment. It really had no flavor.

Photobucket

The buffet was alright... but if you don't like veggies and Japanese food, you're pretty much screwed.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Lemme just say, if you can do anything while you're in Vegas, go on the Pink Jeep tour to the Valley of Fire. It was truly amazing. These pictures really don't do it justice...

Photobucket
Yay! Me and my mama!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

For our last night in Vegas, my mom and I had dinner at this fantastic Chinese restaurant called "Fin" in The Mirage hotel. Unfortunately, by this point my camera had died so I had to take pictures with my phone. The staff was so helpful in putting together a great vegan meal for us.

We started out with our favorite dish of the night... Crispy Shitake Mushrooms
Photobucket
Spicy Eggplant
Photobucket
Hot and Sour Soup
Photobucket
Moving on to the entrees... we shared a Tofu Clay Pot, Vegan Fried Rice, and Kung Pao Tofu
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Alright, if you're not already packing your bags for Vegas, you may want to get on that........................................ now!

9 comments:

Lindsey Mills March 1, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

Woohoo!! As soon as I read this, I sent the link to my mom and it's decided: we're staying at the Wynn for our summer family vaca to Vegas! Thanks for the tips, hot stuff. Glad you had a fun trip. <3333333

s.m. March 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

Oh my goodness! Have fun boo! I wish I could have eaten at more restaurants in the Wynn. You're gunna have so much fun - It's a really really beautiful hotel!

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) March 1, 2011 at 2:52 PM  

That's great that they were so accommodating, and everything you ate looked fantastic!! Looks like it was a wonderful trip! :)

Zena,  March 1, 2011 at 11:53 PM  

Hey Sammi,
You don't know me but i've been a keen reader for a while now, and i just have to tell you that you have the most gorgeous face i've possibly ever seen! so cherubic, sweet and warm. Your beautiful smile and dimples just make my day. Thanks for creating such a wonderful website.

Zena xo

p.s. i love that you post normal food and you're not very pedantic about everything being extremely healthy- veganism doesn't have to be synonymous with strict health freak :)

s.m. March 2, 2011 at 12:46 AM  

Oh my goodness, Zena... I'm kinda speechless... and blushing. Thank you for the incredibly sweet comment!

p.s. And I know what you mean... more power to healthy food enthusiasts but I love short, simple ingredient lists! :D

Kia March 3, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Hi! I love your photos!!! I discover your blog right now and I like it!!!...I love Buffy^__^ I'm Vegan and I have a blog equoecoevegan.blogspot.com…come in and leave me your review about it! Bye ^__^

...the next time Can I come with you in Las Vegas?^__^ kisses

Cezara March 3, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

All the food looks great!

Please check out my post on going Vegan!

Anonymous,  March 12, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

I'm pretty sure if I would have known what you looked like, we would have crossed paths a bunch of times in Vegas. I was there the EXACT same time you were, staying at the Mirage. I definitely got burned out on Asian cuisine, but the Top of the World restaurant in the Stratosphere had a phenomenal veggie plate as a main course...mmm.

Anonymous,  February 23, 2012 at 8:40 PM  

I just found the Whole Foods and got stuff there too !

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP