Strawberry Cheesecake Truffles

>> Saturday, May 7, 2011

Photobucket
Level of Difficulty: easy
Pots/Pans Used: 2


Ingredients


1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
2 tubs Tofutti's Better Than Cream Cheese
1 TBL agave nectar
Box of Graham Crackers
Bag of Chocolate Chips

I HIGHLY recommend spoiling your mothers tomorrow with these decadent little truffles! I came up with them when I was going to a potluck last week and was trying to come up with a unique dessert idea. I thought back to one of my biggest crowd pleasers, Oreo Truffles, and realized I could make a lot of different variations of them. Once I landed on the idea of making them into strawberry cheesecake truffles, there was pretty much no turning back. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but these are INSANE.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Put about 15 Graham Crackers in a bag and crush them. Mix the graham crackers, cream cheese, strawberries, and agave in a large bowl.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Lay out a piece of parchment on a baking sheet. Roll the mixture into small balls and set on the baking sheet (this is a pretty sticky process but just power through). Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. Using some fancy spoon maneuvering, roll the cheesecake balls into the chocolate. Don't worry so much about them looking pretty, cause they taste great regardless. You can make two different varieties by rolling some of them in crushed graham crackers. Place them back on the parchment and let them firm up in the refrigerator.

Photobucket

5 comments:

I'Asha May 7, 2011 at 10:09 PM  

I was looking for a strawberry cheesecake recipe, opened my Google Reader and there you were. Thanks.
By the way, I like your nail polish :)

Little Miss Cupcakes May 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM  

Well dont these just look delightful... I may just have to make these at some point.... These would be fantastic as a small bite-sized cake pop!

Anonymous,  May 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM  

Lovin the not so blueberry polish here, btw.

Unknown June 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM  

this looks delish, I'll try it as soon as I find vegan cream cheese (I live in Germany and have seen it online in vegan online stores, never in a real supermarket or health store). I have a question about measuring the ingredients. How much is "a box of" crackers or oreos in the US and a tube of tofutti? I have no idea how much I'm supposed to take, as I'm sure that the boxes in America are much bigger than here (because so's everything)!

Arisa and Daniel July 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

I made these and they totally fulfilled my cheese cake craving. So good! Thank you for such an awesome dessert!

http://papastoolshedmamaskitchen.blogspot.com/search/label/No%20Bake%20Desserts

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP