Summer Sweet Corn Tacos

>> Thursday, June 14, 2012

IMG_02201
Pots/Pans Used: ZERO!


Ingredients

yellow corn tortillas
2 ears raw sweet corn
1 can black beans, drained
1 tomato, diced
juice of 1 lime
avocado, sliced
sriracha
cilantro (optional)
s&p to taste

IMG_02231

Um... Why has it taken me this long to appreciate raw sweet corn? It's so stinkin' good! I love this recipe because it's healthy, requires NO cooking, is super inexpensive, and best of all... It's totally delicious! I love the idea of making the filling in bulk to keep in the fridge for last minute lunches.

1. Combine corn, beans, tomato, lime juice, cilantro, and s&p in a bowl

2. Warm the tortillas and assemble the tacos, topping them off with avocado, hot sauce, and a bit of black pepper!

IMG_02181
IMG_02171

5 comments:

Chris Dickerson June 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM  

You had me at avocado. Love the nails ;)

Blake June 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM  

Come back to Tampa and cook for me! These look delicious.

Anonymous,  June 14, 2012 at 1:37 PM  

wow that looks so delicious! i've never had raw corn before...maybe i'll have to give it a try! love the bright colors! thanks for sharing!

Mihl June 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM  

And you had me and zero pans used...plus I love fresh corn and avocado!

Anonymous,  June 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM  

I love this recipe! My husband and I need to get away from eating so much processed vegan food, and I can get almost all of the ingredients at the farmers market. Any recipes that are delicious and full of veggies are great!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP