Theme Park Vegan

>> Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Vegan in EPCOT



Some of you may remember my post from the last time I visited Disney World. On that visit, I kinda wung it food-wise. But it still serves as a good guide to vegan-friendly counter service options. This time, planning ahead allowed us to eat at some really great restaurants.

The only park that we didn't make any food reservations at was Epcot. Given that they have the World Showcase, you're bound to find something. Still, my jaw literally dropped when I saw "VEGAN Mongolian Beef" on the menu in the main cafeteria area. Like, what?! How did I not hear about this in all the research I did prior to visiting? Nonetheless, it was delicious. I'm thinkin' they used TVP.

In "Morocco" you can land a pretty sweet vegetable plate complete with falafel. Not to mention, the Moroccan espresso is pretty dang yum.


And some shaved ice in "Japan". Go for the Tangerine!

Our fanciest meal of the trip was had at BOMA's Flavors of Africa, located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. When we arrived, the chef walked me around the buffet and pointed out everything that was vegan. I could easily eat half of the dishes offered, all of which delicious. The must-try's were the mango vinaigrette and watermelon rhine salad! Our server was even nice enough to print us out recipes to our favorite dishes. 

The only area that the buffet was lacking in was dessert. There wasn't anything other than fruit. This is why I felt like a friggin' queen when the chef brought out this assortment of Toffuti ice creams, sorbet, and vegan brownie cupcakes!


Vegan in the Magic Kingdom

We also made reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern and Be Our Guest Restaurant. I've been waiting to try the Quinoa Potato burger with Tofu Tzatziki dressing at the Tavern for a while. It was definitely satisfying, but didn't necessary live up to my expectations. I think next time I'll stick with the hummus sandwich and chili from the Columbia Harbor House

They offer different vegan items during both lunch and dinner at Be Our Guest. I've only been for dinner so far, but the salad trio and quinoa vegetable plate is really great. Plus, the atmosphere is the best. 




Vegan in Hollywood Studios

We unknowingly visited during Star Wars weekend. 
And thank goodness for that.
We ate at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. First off, the atmosphere is super nostalgic and on point. You feel like you're eating in a 1950's kitchenette while the Mickey Mouse Club plays on vintage television sets. They offer a Vegetarian Spaghetti and "Meat"balls, which can be made vegan by omitting butter and subbing olive oil. PLUS! They made me a peanut butter and jelly milkshake with vanilla Tofutti! So don't forget to ask!!

But before you leave Orlando, don't forget there's some awesome local vegan spots. Like entirely vegan restaurant, Ethos! We feasted on fresh garlic knots, crispy sesame green beans, Philly hoagies, cole slaw, mashed potatoes, you name it. Seriously, one of my all-time favorite vegan restaurants. Hands down.

1 comments:

mackyton July 9, 2015 at 8:11 AM  

What a stunning event it was!! Seems like you had a great time in this show! That greenery in the garden is looking just fabulous. You know dear Hollywood venues are also very pretty and most of times I take my kids over there in their vacations.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP