Sassy Ginger Whoopie Pies with Lemon Icing

>> Sunday, June 27, 2010

Photobucket

Level of Difficulty: really easy and so worth it
Pots/Pans Used: 2

Photobucket

So I made these cookies from my roommate's blog (try the cobbler, it's fantastic!). I had tried these cookies when she made them and thought they were awesome. Plus, I wanted to use up my left over lemon frosting from my Lemon Poppy seed Cupcakes. I figured the lemon would pair really nicely with the ginger. I'm going to experiment with making these green tea cookies cause my other roommate just got some matcha green tea powder in the mail that I've been itching to get a hold of (with her permission of course!...). Anyways Blake mentions in the recipe that the dough is very sticky, in fact when I made them, the dough resembled more of a cake batter. So I changed the recipe slightly. Here is the original recipe. My only adjustments were that I used half margarine/half canola oil and added 1 cup white flour. Oh! And I didn't sift anything because I never sift anything.... :/ too lazy. Damn, they were SO good. If I ever open my dream bakery, there is NO way these babies aren't going on the menu! My cookies resemble more of a whoopie pie as they are more cakey and dense where as Blake's original recipe produces thinner, softer & chewier cookies. Just depends on your preference. Either way, MAKE THESE! They are so yummmmyyyyy!!!!!!! And yes, it is sugar rolled in sugar and then filled with sugar! It's no wonder they're so good!!!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Blake June 29, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

thanks for the shout out! and your version is definitely fabulous!

Jessica Shiller,  June 29, 2010 at 12:53 AM  

hey just to let you know... kaleisia (sp) tea lounge on fletcher (i think it's just passed the loving hut) sells matcha for $8 and it's lasted me 3 weeks using it every morning, and I still have prob another week left in the bag. I don't know how much your roommate paid for hers, but it might save you shipping to get it around here :)

~Jessica

s.m. June 29, 2010 at 6:06 AM  

Thank you so much Jessica! I will definitely be getting some next time I'm there.

Sonia June 29, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

hi! I just found your blog via the Kind Life! I saw your tempeh enchiladas and they look absolutely fabulous- I'm going to try making them tonight!!
I am enjoying browsing your blog...can't wait to read more!

Sonia June 30, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

I'm back! I made the enchiladas last night!! Thank you sooo much for the recipe! <3 it.

Anonymous,  September 10, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

just checking- so all together, you used 3 cups? or substituted out Blake's 1 wheat flour for another white?

s.m. September 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Sorry for the confusion, you're right, all in all I used 3 cups of flour... I just added a cup of white flour to her original recipe :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP