New York Food Tour - Take One!

>> Saturday, July 2, 2011

Photobucket

OH MY GOODNESS! I have been in New York for Five days at this point and eaten some of THE best food I have had since being vegan. I've been taking so many pictures that I am going to break my trip up into two posts to make it a little more manageable.

Okay, lets start at the beginning. First off, it's important that you know that the whole reason I'm in New York is because I'm visiting my best friend, Tess. You might remember her from my Fancy Cake post.

Okay, I arrived Tuesday afternoon and the first place we hit was Cafe Viva Herbals Pizzeria. We tried the Plain Cheese, Veggie, and Seitan Delight (with artichokes and caramelized onions). Everything was good, but the Plain Cheese pretty much stole the show.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then we OF COURSE headed to Babycakes NYC. I have been wanting to go there ever since I first heard about it. I think I always imagined my first visit would end up going something like this...



Expectations were definitely met once I bit into an AMAZING Cookie Sandwich and Salted Caramel Glaze Doughnut!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The next day we started off at Lula's Sweet Apothecary.

Photobucket

Yes, That's a vegan ice cream shop. Yes, they have soft serve. And yes, more specifically, they have cake batter-flavored soft serve. I got that in a sugar cone and Tess got a cake batter shake with ricemallow fluff and caramel topping. Words cannot express just how amazing it was. I'm still dreaming about it.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Then we found a cute little secret garden right next to Lula's where we got sassy...

Photobucket

And then sleepy...

Photobucket

Then we waddled over to Vegetarian's Paradise 2 Where we started out with Lindemans Framboise Lambic Raspberry Beer, followed by Sugarcane Drumsticks (Breaded Soy Protein and Fresh Herbs Wrapped Around Raw Sugarcane. Served With a Spicy Thai Sauce...), a Steamed Soy Bun (Steamed Whole Wheat Roll filled with Soy Protein and Fresh Vegetables...), and a Dijon Chick'n Sandwhich...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Somehow we managed to finish everything

Photobucket

It wasn't easy

Photobucket

Well I will see you soon for the second installment of the food tour! It gets even crazier, trust me

7 comments:

Blake July 3, 2011 at 1:49 PM  

I'm really jealous!!! But I'm super glad you're having an awesome time. I can't wait to see you and Tess for HARRY POTTER DAY!!!

Lindsey Mills July 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM  

AHHHH!!!! You two are the cutest vegans I know. These pics make me majorly jelly, and miss you like whoa. You're taking such a mega bite of the big apple, I love it!!!

hoolsa July 3, 2011 at 2:38 PM  

Vegetarian's Paradise is AHHHMAZING. Wish I coulda joined you and not been such a tired jared.

Scott July 3, 2011 at 4:32 PM  

Thanks for sharing. Everything looks so great!

Melina,  July 4, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

OOoh! Please keep posting! I live in CT and my hubs and I have been jonesin' HARDCORE for soft-serve ice cream!!! Um... Lula's: HERE WE COME!!!

Unknown July 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM  

I'm dying! and drooling.

Unknown October 10, 2011 at 12:50 AM  

You have a great food tour indeed! I would love to take my second tour at the lower east side and take the best foods in there. Would love to meet you guys there! 

Leila
Eat a Bite of Ethnic New York

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP